I could totally use your help. That would be so right…

July 14, 2014

Here are the options:

1. Focus on what is going wrong, staying wrong, and has been wrong in the past, and what will surely be wrong in the future. (Not forgetting that “wrong” is relative.)

2. Focus on what is going right, staying right, has been right in the past, and will surely be right in the future. (Not forgetting that “right” is relative.)

Results of choosing #1:  UGH, GRRR, Blergh, Pffft…, eff this, I suck, you suck, we all suck, the end. (In other words, stay stuck.)

Results of choosing #2: I will survive, I’m like a bird, hear me roar, stayin’ alive, baby I’m a firework, I’m a survivor and I’m gonna make it… (In other words, get shit done and move forward.)

Also. Guess what? I’ll be running a collaborative workspace for creatives/artists/writers and the like…in New London, the art mecca of West Central Minnesota. It’s downtown, in a great building with lots of space. I’m going to collect a really amazing group of thinkers and movers and shakers and we’re going to help each other grow dreams and stuff. While drinking a lot of coffee.

There will be workshops and classes and artists and painting and writing and teaching and learning and inspiring.

That’s right. This is so “right”.

(I can’t wait for the story nights. In which we pull people from the community, ask them questions and write their stories and then bring people together to hear the story read aloud.)

Pictures and updates to come. I have some “before” photos of the building, but no time to upload them. Soon, friends. Soon…

Now, we need a name! Something that defines collaboration, community, creatives, creation, artists, art, stories…you know, that sort of thing. Wanna help?

The _____(your idea here)______________ ; a collaborative space for creatives.

(I love a good play on words, or just something simple and memorable, or even a bit quirky…since I am.)

Ready, set, go! (If you don’t like leaving comments, feel free to contact me via Facebook, email (heatheroftheeo@gmail.com) or carrier pigeon.

{ 9 comments }

Ginny July 14, 2014 at 10:05 am

Mandala
“In common use, mandala has become a generic term for any diagram, chart or geometric pattern that represents the cosmos metaphysically or symbolically; a microcosm of the universe.”

Stephanie Precourt July 14, 2014 at 10:10 am

Oh gosh, this is so right.

How about:

The Story Room or Storyroom
The Heart Gallery
Storyland
The Makery
The Gathering

Ok that’s all I have for now…

Steph
Stephanie Precourt recently posted..July July!

Andrea July 14, 2014 at 10:58 am

A Heart for Art: A collaborative space for creatives
Andrea recently posted..Our Day in Pictures: The Fair

Stacy July 14, 2014 at 4:01 pm

The collective

Tiffany Romero July 14, 2014 at 8:41 pm

The first thing that came to my mind was, “Collaboration Station”.

Apparently this isn’t my strong suit….

xoxo
Tiffany Romero recently posted..How To Use Hootsuite

suburbancorrespondent July 14, 2014 at 9:04 pm

My first thought is to say “The Playroom” – because that sense of play is so important to creating things. Obviously, though, then people won’t know what it is about and will be trying to drop their 3-year-olds off there. The Artists’ Playroom? The Storytellers’ Playroom?
suburbancorrespondent recently posted..Antique

Lisbeth Coiman July 14, 2014 at 11:38 pm

First of all congratulations: this looks like a great gig.

You said you were going to drink a lot of coffee. Caffeinated gathering or Caffeinated creations.
Lisbeth Coiman recently posted..Just Write – The Room I Need / El Espacio que Necesito

Kelly V July 15, 2014 at 3:24 pm

I love this idea! I knew you’d find your niche there and go for it.
I really would love to vote for The Makery suggestion. So catchy!

This is all I’ve got for ya;
Crow River Creative Co-Op
Crow’s Nest

jen July 19, 2014 at 8:45 pm

i love this hard. and also? the first time i sat next to you at something or other … we found that lego piece. and i held onto it … and then you touched my heart when you spoke of being authentic. and i keep it next to my computer to remind myself to be authentic. always. and so … because of you … i would name it something to do with staying authentic to yourself. because i think you so live that. and we all should.

Comments on this entry are closed.