The blog gods were smiling on me yesterday. Okay, I don’t really believe in blog gods, but if I did, I would think they really like me. And then I would think they’re nice, and I would picture them as butterflies with brilliant colors and cute pudgy caterpillar faces. Smiling.
And apparently pretty hairy.
With REALLY big eyes.
Anyway, yesterday was a much better day. My supportive superhero of a husband arrived home from Detroit (or, DeToilet) in the morning and sent me off to a coffee shop to spend four hours returning your lovely emails, reading a lovely book and catching up on your lovely blog posts (still not caught up, stop writing such great stuff so I can catch up, sheesh).
Yes, true story. FOUR hours. I sat there by myself, plunking away at the keyboard and smiling a lot. With coffee. And some chili. I love me some chili. I felt a bit peaceful and totally and completely exhausted.
So anyway, I came home to this:
- Children taking a nap.
- My lovely Ryan sitting right there on the couch instead of in DeToilet. Wait…DeTROIT.
- A package from The Story of My World with the tastiest popcorn (from the big popper) you’ve ever tasted ever inside. I won it in a giveaway (na na nah boo boo). Thank you, Carrie! (Yes, Dad. I will share it with you.)
- A package from PsychMamma’s giveaway with an EXCELLENT children’s book inside called The Boy Who Grew Flowers, courtesy of Barefoot Books. Thank you, PsychMamma!
(If you’ve been keeping track, that’s three giveaway wins for me if we take a look back on how I won that children’s CD recently too. I’m pretty sure I should enter all kinds of giveaways next week during the Bloggy Giveaways Carnival to keep this streak going.)
(Or maybe I should pay it forward and take part in the carnival and give something away? I don’t know what to give away yet, I can’t think straight (shocker) so we’ll see. Give me suggestions, but don’t try to steal my popcorn, my CD, or my book. That’s not nice.)
Okay, back to the bullets of good things about yesterday,
- After the nap, Ryan took the boys to run some errands and I spent the afternoon at home, finally bringing myself to fold some laundry and wash some dishes. I didn’t even hate it and it felt good to catch up a little.
- My dear friend Kate called to see if we could get together. I had dinner plans with rockin‘ Auntie Kay (who has her finger on the pulse of entertainment news and keeps me updated so I don’t have to buy People magazine because that can get expensive). Kate was with our other dear friend Mackenzie so they met Auntie Kay and I for dinner. They got me laughing, kept me laughing, and eased the load I’ve been carrying around this week.
- I came home and that Ryan guy was STILL here. We talked a long while and he gave me fits of giggles as is his specialty. He’s the best, he really is. Putting up with weepy old me.
- Ryan leaves again on Monday, but my parents will be here and that reassures me.
- I’ve been recognizing things that brought me to the funk I’m in and it helps me to realize it’s probably pretty normal. Life has been a bit hard on me. And so have I. Funny how knowing the reasons, seeing them clearly and accepting them can start the healing process. They say “knowing is half the battle.” I wonder why it takes us so long to know stuff.
Thinking about the good things really helps. It also helps when a traveling husband comes home. And it helps to have such supportive and loving friends and family. And having met you here in blog world really helps too. I’m pretty sure I’m going to be alright.
Peace to you.
(photo courtesy of flickr: Jeri Le)