I’m joining in with Jennifer and telling you 7 update-ish sorts of things in very short story form. Ready?
- The other day Asher and I watched a chicken hawk nearly capture one of our beloved chickens in its mean claw feet. I spooked it when I freaked out, pounding on the patio door. (Dear chicken, you’re welcome.) Now I’m paranoid. I keep thinking I hear a hawk swooping through the air while making that unmistakable hawk caw-shriek. There’s probably a metaphor in there somewhere.
- I wrote a post about generational faith, my mom’s parents and how they were so different from me, but we’re the same. It’s over at A Deeper Family and now it’s featured on Five Star Friday, which is such an honor.
- A long time ago, my friend Cecily was at a conference and she tweeted something about it being important to have a newsletter. I was all, huh. why? Now I get it. For me it would be nice to have that option here because I have these other exciting projects going on and I could keep you informed that way without constantly slamming this writing blog with NEWS! So it would be like all behind the scenes riveting and stuff. I’m sure you’re dying to subscribe. No really. When I get it all up and ready and done and available, please subscribe. Prevent me from feeling silly about this one. I promise to tell you things that are cool and leave you feeling inspired. Once a month.
- Yesterday I picked Miles up from school and he said, “Then I was talking to Gavin and he said his mom said he could come over and then he threw up, all over the hallway but that was right before music and now it’s 3:00 so can he still come over?” Um. No. Then he said two girls from his class are out sick because of throwing up too. Then I said, OH boy, here we go. Friends, you and I both know I’m about to be cleaning up a lot of puke as it travels through my children, literally. And Ryan is going away for the weekend, so I beg you to send me thoughts and prayers and disinfectant wipes.
- I got to spend the day on Wednesday with three funny and smart women. I found out that Vikki can make balloon animals and flowers and we decided on a Listen To Your Mother venue. We’ll be revealing that on the Listen To Your Mother Twin Cities site most likely sometime next week. I’m so excited!!!
- The Just Write Blurb book will be ordered TODAY, by me, to send to those of you who pre-ordered. It’s actually going to be even LESS expensive because I decided on a softcover/paperback version. It’s only 24 pages long so it looked a little silly with a hardcover. It looked like two covers with nothing in the middle. I’m glad I ordered a proof, and then went in and changed my decision. I love Blurb.
- Speaking of things to love…this post is kind of like a newsletter. But the newsletter would also include some discounts to places like Blurb, just for funsies. And I also want to be sure to let you know that it would include links to people and posts and places I love. Like some Just Write bloggers and so on and so forth. The End.
There it is! A once a month mini EO in your inbox, full of inspiring quotes, links and update-ish sorts of information.
and things like this:
bedtime with a book. my favorite.
Happy weekend, friends!