1. I shaved my legs recently. It’s winter!
2. It’s going to be almost FORTY degrees today. Minnesota balm-y. This means I’m going to bring a bunch of stuff to Goodwill and the recycling center and go get groceries and go the post office and clean the chicken coop and roll around naked in the snow.
3. Okay, I’m totally not going to roll around naked in the snow. It may be forty degrees, but the snow is not. Also. Naked. No. I prefer layers and layers. I especially wore layers while out hanging signs for submissions for Listen To Your Mother. (By the way, the deadline is now Feb. 15th, and if you’re in the Twin Cities area-ish, we’d LOVE to hear your story!)
4. Miles had the stomach flu this week. So far the rest of us have not. It’s a flu season miracle, if you ask me, the lady who crawls around on the floor with bath towels wiping up vomit.
5. After it’s forty degrees, it’s supposed to go back to being below zero. Sometimes I feel like I’ll never leave the house unlayered in fleece and down ever again. (See number one for an example of another miracle.)
6. Did you listen to the podcast, Power Down? Do you know what a podcast is? Do you know how to listen to one? Have no fear, because pretty soon there’s going to be a tutorial of sorts on that over at SITS. And you can always ask me. I like helping.
7. Ryan is gone all next week for a work trip. Please hope along with me that no one else gets sick. (see #4, about the bath towels.)
Happy weekend, friends.
P.S. This is sort of like adding another quick take, I suppose, but I will tell you anyway. If you want to read the best thing you’ll read in a long time, go read this.